Sunday, March 22, 2009

Trips, trips, and more trips


We've been very busy spending time with family and each other. I took a trip up to Indiana to visit my sister and her family on Valentine's day weekend. I know I'm horrible for leaving Kyle on our first valentine's day married but he would have been studying all week because DCOM was nice enough to give them a huge test the Monday after Valentine's day. Before I left though we went to a Valentine's dinner at church and played the "not so newlywed game" with a few of the older church members. We were the only newlywed couple and you know what....WE WON!! We kicked all those old couples butts! This was after they played a trick on the women where they put a blind fold on us and had us feel our "husbands" hands and guess which one was ours, well I thought I guess right. Low and behold they had switched our husbands with other members and I thought a 14 yr. old boy's hand was Kyle, ooops my bad.

My friend Colleen and I drove to Indianoplis together and we found out our sisters live 20 minutes from each other, so it worked out perfectly. I played with Noah and Josalyn and was thankful they let me crash their Valentine's weekend. My mom and grandma came down to visit us and we had a blast. Kyle once again had a huge test to study for and so we just hung around the house and tried to stay out of his hair. We took a trip to Morristown to look for a heater so my grandma wouldn't freeze to death, and we even went to FAZOLI's...my favorite (it stinks we have to drive 45 min. for it). They also helped me make a dress, yep that's right "make" a dress, I had a lot of help but I still did a lot of it on my own. I'm turning into a little Betty homemaker as my grandma would say. I had a great time seeing my family and I get to go home again next weekend for one of my teacher friend's wedding.


No comments: