Monday, July 19, 2010

1 Month Old

Well little girl, you're one month old today. I have mixed feelings about this. I'm excited for you to grow and learn new things. It's been so neat to see you start to smile and talk (goo and ga). At the same time, I want you to stay little forever. I even still want to be pregnant with you in my belly and then I have you alllll to myself. You have grown and changed already and I bet will continue to change like crazy over this first year. Some of my favorite things you do:
-Move your head back and forth when you're hungry and you play with your food before you eat it. (We'll just leave it at that).
-Stretch for 10 minutes when you wake up. You don't like waking up, just like me.
-Make the cutest face when you wrinkle your forehead.
-Lift your head when you're trying to fall asleep on my shoulder and then slam it back down like it's not worth it, you'll just give in and sleep.
-You love your changing table and you just lay there and smile and talk to things.

We went to the doctor today and you've grown, yay my boobs work!!! You weigh 10 lbs. 14 oz. now and you are 23 inches long (you've grown 2 inches). The doctor said you looked good and we had a much better experience at this office than the last one. Next month you get shots when we go back, we'll see how that goes.

My mom and sister came to visit this weekend and we just relaxed all weekend. We did make it out to our favorite restaurant Crawdaddy's and got ice cream afterwards. Grandma and Aunt Kimmy loved rocking Aubrey and we had a designated burper and diaper changer, my mom! I wish she lived here to do those things all the time for us. I had a great time with them and I'm sad they had to leave. It never gets easier, there's always a bunch of tears and a bunch of hugs. Here are a few pictures from the weekend.

Aunt Kimmy got Aubrey a stuffed fish. Kyle is hoping it will be her favorite stuffed animal. You've heard of Build a Bear, well Kimberly did Build a Fish and did a voice recording on here for Aubrey. It's pretty cute.

Aunt Kimmy taking a morning snooze with Aubrey.

Grandma giving Aubrey a bath.

Aubrey looooves taking a bath, she just chills in the tub. All she needs is a book and a glass of wine and she's set, maybe we'll wait 21 years for that.

Grandma and Aubrey at our favorite restaurant.

Thanks guys for coming down to visit, we miss you already!!

Ok, can't do a post without a video anymore. Here's some more hiccups but this time she was just talking up a storm. Something about baby hiccups, aren't they just the cutest thing ever!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

mum show herp-s-y

Anonymous said...

love to put a baby in aunt kimmy but I want her ass first