Monday, January 19, 2009

Walking in a Winter Wonderland

Ok so I wasn't ready for Christmas to be over so I decided rather than jumping into my Valentine's Day decoration box I decided to cherish the very few winter days we have had here and make some Winter decorations. First I have to describe how some people react to winter weather down here. If there is even a chance of snow you would think there was a blizzard in the forecast. We haven't had enough snow to completely cover the ground but any snow we've had has stayed on the mountains and is gorgeous from our back porch.I decided to try to make my first wreath, ok not my first but my first without the help of my crafty mom. I think it turned out pretty well and considering I was outside spray painting in the single digits weather. The cold doesn't bother me, and I think it turned out pretty cute.I came up with a good idea to help with our hallway when you first come in because it smells like smoke from our neighbors house, it's pretty bad when you can smell cigarette smoke coming through the walls. I found some cinnamon sticks clearanced out at Walmart and a little ribbon and glitter I came up with this.I was so excited to use my apothecary jar Colleen and I got from Williams Sonoma. We got a steal on these and Kyle said what are you going to use that for and I just said just wait and see I'll find something to put in there for every season and sure enough I just took my snowflakes ornaments off the tree and plopped them in here. I also love the snowman I got from one of my students last year and I wasn't ready to put him back in the shed until next Christmas.

1 comment:

Heather said...

You are so cute! That sucks that you have stinky neighbors. But your cinnamon sticks are adorable!!!