Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Christmas Decorations down until next year...


Well the Christmas decorations finally were packed away today. I had Friday, Monday, and kind of today off and I waited until today because I spent my weekend praying to the porcelain gods. This is my second time getting sick while pregnant. The first time was back before we came home for Christmas and I got a really bad cold and then passed it on to Kyle. I am glad to say I didn't pass this one on to him, yay! I went to a birthday party for one of my friends and came back with a horrible flu, it was awful. The doctor said at my last visit I lost a pound and I have a feeling with this flu I haven't added any and probably lost some, I only ate 1 piece of toast Saturday because that's all I could keep down. I definitely do not like the pregnant and sick combination....NOT FUN!!

Ok, now back to the Christmas decorations. It was weird to put them away and not know where we will be putting them back out next Christmas. We find out in 3 days on FRIDAY where Kyle will be doing his rotations at come June. We're very excited/nervous/anxious to find out where we will be living and where our baby will be the first 2 years of his or her life. We've put down our top 3 choices which are:

1. Crossville, TN- About an hour and half from Nashville, we went and visited and looked at Crossville and another city nearby called Cookeville. We really liked the area of Cookeville which is about a half hour from Crossville and only an hour from Nashville. It was a larger town than we're at now and it's a college town to Tennessee Tech. No Target, but only 30 min. from an outlet mall and 45 from a Target. (It's sad I based our rotations around Target, haha)

2. Morristown, TN- This is a town that is only about 45 min. away from the town we're at now and its about a half hour from Knoxville. This is a cute town that we've gone to many times since we've lived here, they don't have a Target but it does have CIVILIZATION.

3. Sweetwater, TN- This is a very small town about 30 min. away from Turkey Creek (which is a suburb of Knoxville, kind of like the Chesterfield Valley area of Knoxville...very, very nice). This would be a great place too for Kyle to be at, he just would have to travel a bit for some of the hospitals that they are involved with.

Well, that's our run down and we'll find out where our address will switch to in June on Friday, maybe even where we will have our first child (depending when he or she decides to arrive, hopefully not too early and not too late). We prayed over our choices and we are putting faith in God that he will put is the place he feels we will grow the most as a family.

1 comment:

Angela said...

They opened America's largest target 1.4 miles from my house a few months after we moved here, I understand Target being a major determining factor! Good luck, I hope you get what you want!