Thursday, March 29, 2012

Our Silly Girl


Aubrey has been making us laugh a lot lately.  She has such a big personality, a little bit of me (she'll go up and talk to absolutely anyone) and a little bit of Kyle (she has his little sense of humor).  I know a year ago I was having a hard time with thinking about her turning 1 and the fact that I was going to lose my little baby.  I didn't lose my little baby but what I got in return was a fun, always exciting (sometimes challenging) toddler.  Since I'm blessed to stay home with her too it feels like I have my own little best friend.  We have our little routine and sometimes we just hang out at home playing, coloring, snuggling, watching Dumbo, playing outside looking for pirates, shooting water guns, coloring with chalk, waiting for the mailman, eating popsicles, having tea parties on the porch.  Other days we adventure out even if it's just for going to the post office or paying the water bill and depositing a check we try to make it fun, of course the free suckers while running errands aren't bad either.  We often go to the library in Cookeville and also in Sparta for kids reading hour.  We have met a new friends Ryker and Leana that we usually meet at least once a week and go to the park or to the children's museum.  I have so much fun with my little buddy and I see a lot more fun to come our way over the years.  Thank you Aubrey Lynne for being our little laughter release every day.

Aubrey got herself a snack while we were packing up the car to go house hunting in St. Louis (a post just dedicated to that in the near future).  She got an apple out of the bag and just started eating it and did a good job biting off pieces.
 Rocking Aubrey outside while it started to rain, the smell of rain, a snuggly toddler =heaven!
 Aubrey and Aidan even have fun with just a puddle.  These two are so goofy.
 Playing water balloons outside in her new Dora swimsuit from her cousin Bella.
 Eating an elephant peanut butter sandwich while watching her new favorite movie, Dumbo!
 Doing bubbles after story hour at the Sparta library.  We love this library for the kids part, they do a craft and play bubbles.  Sooooo much better than the other kids hour where Aubrey got in trouble for standing up and dancing while the lady was playing a guitar.  Come on you can't play music around a toddler and not expect them to dance!
 Practicing for the intense Toti easter egg hunt, we are conditioning Aubrey to shake the eggs and if they make noise throw them back we aren't interested in little change it's the silent ones she wants the ones with the big bucks, haha.  We breed winners, here, haha.
 Aubrey's buddy Ryker, we have so much fun with him and his momma.
 Seriously the cutest thing I've EVER SEEN!!  And they actually had done this the week before and I didn't have my camera but they decided to do it again last week and I caught it.  Ryker also gave Aubrey a hug and as she bent down he kissed her on top of the head, seriously cuteness overload!  And not that the picture isn't cute enough, here's a video of one of Aubrey's first dates.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

she's getting so big! Looks like you guys are having a lot of fun!

noahjos said...

Wow! How fast she has grown up! And the pig tails make her look even more so. Enjoy your days and try not to get stressed during the move!!! (It's not an adventure if it's easy is something to remember). xo

Anonymous said...

i want her on my lap like that just in panties, slide my hand inside them and make her kitty tingle