Monday, February 2, 2009

Newlyweds- How he puts up with it, I don't know

We have experienced a few things of living together as newlyweds. I'm am so blessed to be married to such a wonderful, caring man and truly feel like the luckiest girl in the world. With that being said... just recently I got on Kyle about how he made the bed, then I realized without him to balance me out I would be over the top. I have realized that I have some OCD tendencies and Kyle isn't a slob by all means but we definitely balance each other out in a good way. For example, I am a freak when it comes to my kitchen and it was the first room to be unpacked and cleaned. When Kyle's dad helped move us in he said I bet you're ready to go to bed at about midnight and I said nope I'm ready to set up "my" kitchen, and I did just that until about 2 AM until it was just right. I love having a clean kitchen and I laughed at myself the other day when we got a survey in the mail to receive coupons (which are my new favorite thing) and it asked how often do you use cleaning supplies and it had once a month, once a week, and once a day. I realized I was in the once a day category and couldn't believe they even had a once a month category but hey everybody is different. My nightly ritual is after I get done cooking I always have to clean up the kitchen before we go to bed, because it's the first thing I see when I get up. I've also noticed myself arranging things just slightly so that I'm happier with they way they look. Now, I'm no doctor and I'm definitely not suggesting that I have OCD but I feel like I've become much more of a "clean freak" since we've gotten married. Now here is a picture to explain what Kyle has to deal with when I do my rearranging and fixing, gosh I love him for putting up with me. Again, nothing wrong with the way he made it I just like it my way, I mean "our way".

2 comments:

Heather said...

I like your way. :) Hey- I'm OCD too...its not such a bad thing. :) HA! good to talk to you today. I hope you enjoyed your snow day!~ Take care, sweetie!

Anonymous said...

Haha! So funny. I'm glad you have a blog!!!