Monday, February 2, 2009

These are a few of my favorite things...

Since I got a new camera for Christmas (thanks Grandma, and thanks Mom for your after Thanksgiving day Walmart steal) I've been taking more and more pictures. I didn't think it was possible to take more pictures than I did before; I've inherited my mom's genes where if I find something remotely interesting I have this urge to document it by taking a picture. These are a few of the things that make me smile down here in Kentucky/Tennessee/Virginia.My incredibly handsome, hard working husband. He's my rock, he's always there for me and I fall in love with him more and more each day. I'm so proud of all the hard work he's putting in to reach his dream. He's going to make an amazing physician.
I'm so glad that we decided to get a dog and I didn't know we'd wind up getting the best dog in the WORLD!! I had never had a dog before so I didn't know what we were getting ourselves into, it feels like almost as much work as a kid. She is totally worth it though, it's so nice to have another living being around the house when Kyle has to hit the books. Plus it's funny to see how Kyle relieves stress by goofing around with her.
I know she looks evil here, but she's actually really cute. Kyle was trying to get her to jump to him like getting a kid to jump into a pool. They both make me laugh.

I can't believe how much slower life has become since we moved here. It's hard to explain and it's definitely a good thing but I just feel like I have so much more time than I did last year. It's great to only have 12 students and work part time but there's something else about the pace of life down here that's different and hard to explain. Because of this slower pace I've picked up some new crafty hobbies. I've really enjoyed just being craft lately and anything I can put mod podge on, I get so excited. I've also started learning how to sew with my new sewing machine I got for Christmas. I learned how to make my first stitch all by myself!


This is my favorite so I can add him twice! Kyle got a new fly fishing pole and he is very excited to learn how to use it!

No comments: