Wednesday, February 4, 2009

We got SNOW!!

Monday we had some ice and snow come down in the morning, so Kyle and I were able to experience Tennessee and snow. Our school let out early at 11:00 and this is where it all began. We heard people talking like it was going to be a huge blizzard, but to Kyle and I it just looked like a light dusting. It picked up that night and the snow began to freeze so Tuesday we were called off, oh how I love being a teacher. Tuesday it really started picking up in the evening and we even went up to DCOM for a bible study for the Christian Medical/Dental Association, which Kyle was just recently elected the Vice President of for next year. He will get to help with bible studies, fundraisers, and stuff. When he got elected he came home that day and said you are talking royalty because I'm the new vice president of CMDA. We had a hard time making it up a hill at Kyle's school yesterday. Kyle found out Tuesday night that he didn't have to get up and go to school in the morning he could just watch his lecture online, and of course J Frank White closed today.
It's been so great to have this many days off and it's been really weird. Working for Rockwood last year I would cross my fingers if even during a bad snowstorm to get off, but I've noticed down here any snow at all and school consider cancelling. The back roads are a lot different in this area though compared to St. Louis and they don't plow or salt the roads. When I was teaching economics to my 6th graders I was teaching supply and demand and I asked what the supply for salt for salt trucks in the summer would be, and all the kids asked what's a salt truck? It's definitely a little different than "up north". We thoroughly enjoyed our day at home, relaxing and just being in the same place at the same time! Kyle has to go back to school tomorrow, but I've lucked out and have one more snow day!! Here's a picture of how excited Bailey and I got when I checked online that school was cancelled.

It's crazy to believe that although we have snow on the ground tonight, that in 2 days it's supposed to be 60 degrees. I wish we had this snow during the week day every week. :)

No comments: