Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Ta-Da

Hi, my name is Amanda and I have an addiction with spray paint and thrift store items.
I was sick of the red in my kitchen , although a lot of my decorations were wedding items and I may use them again but I was just done and they needed a new home (i.e. the closet).  So I decided the gray and yellow blog re-do wasn't enough I wanted some gray and yellow in my house so I decided why not my kitchen.  I didn't want to spend an arm and a leg re-doing our rental we'll be moving out in 8 months anyway (I know, I know, moving again!)  So I decided to do it on the cheap, use what I already have and only buy things from my new fave thrift store or goodwill.  So here's my breakdown.

Yellow Cereal and snack bins- Target, $1 each. Total $2
3 No. tin cans- Thrift store, .10 each!!!. Total 30 whopping cents!!!
Glass bunny- Thrift store, $1
Glass tea kettle- Thrift store, $1
Soap container- Thrift store, .75
Vintage coffee jar- Thrift store, $1
Banana holder- Thrift store, .50
Cloth napkins- Goodwill, .25 each.  Total for 16- $4
Star, candle sticks, glass vases, cake stand, fram, knife block, cookie jar, soap dish, colander, silver tray, beautiful silver frames- already had them
Total: $10.55 oh yeah!!!

I like my kitchen so much better now and I've realized the more I like my house the more I like to keep it clean.  Seriously the house has looked pretty darn clean these days just because I love looking at what we've done (which really isn't much, a few new decorations and A LOT of organizing).  I even organized the inside of the cabinets and the freezer but I'm not going to show you pictures of that because come on I'm crazy, but not THAT crazy. Because I love some good before and afters, here you have it, my new kitchen!





Ok so these amzing tins, seriously can't get over how much I love, love, loooove them.  Just spray painted them and nope I didn't even prime them.  I'm kind of that impatient.  Then online I found the new easiest way to stencil.  I printed off my stencil on Microsoft Word.  Then I rubbed chalk on the back of the stencil, put it on the tins and did the same on my "T" tray.  Then I took a mechanical pencil (anything with a point) and trace the stencil.  Then you'll have your stencil show up on whatever your painting and then I free handed it with a toddler pulling at me wanting me to be done already, pretty impressive I must say.

The final part of my kitchen makeover and maybe a close second favorite to the No. tins is..........

Aubrey's new kitchen!!!  I grabbed this bad boy up for $7 at Goodwill, you heard right $7!  It worked out perfectly since it matched with my aqua, yellow kitchen them I had going on.  It didn't quite look like this when I picked it up, let's just say there were some bugs cooking in the overn and phone holder....literally bugs, yucko!  a 2 hour nap + a lot of soft scrub and scrubbing later.  Wa-laaaa.  Aubrey loves playing with it while I'm cooking too!  I also scored some play kitchen utensils all for under $2 total.

So everybody is happy with our new kitchen, Aubrey, me, and well as long as good food is coming out of it Kyle is pretty happy too.

I linked this up to Just A Girl, The Shabby Nest's Frugal Friday and Primp Your Stuff Wednesday.

1 comment:

jamie craig. said...

super cute! i love thrift stores too. i did cute vintage china wall decor for about 1-2 dollars! i like your style!!