Tuesday, September 20, 2011

First Cookie Baking Experience

 So Aubrey and I (ok really just me) decided to make cookies for Kyle to take on his road trip down to Austin. I had some leftover sugar cookie mixes so I gave Aubrey a little spatula and she helped stir up some cookies. Then I put her in the highchair and she helped me roll out dough and use cookie cutters. She was doing great cutting the cookies and leaving the dough alone until she decided hmmm I wonder if this stuff tastes good and then out the door went the helping and in with the eating. As soon as I would get a flat sheet of rolled dough, Aubrey would start peeling away the dough and eating it. It was a losing battle so I just ate some with her and finished cutting the cookies by myself. Then started the icing part, again she did great sticking her little play kitchen knife in and icing the cookie until she got one taste of that heavenly goodness (water+powdered sugar, yummm). Then it got a little messy from there and by a little I mean a lot!! We had fun and Dad and Aubrey loved eating the cookies, I'd say our first baking experience was a success.



No comments: