Friday, June 10, 2011

Never Again

I'm disappointed in the fact that I haven't been a good blogger lately.  We got back from St. Louis and were trying to get our house organized from being gone for a whole month.  When I finaly felt like I got back in the groove of things Aubrey got sick last weekend and has been sick all week with a viral infection that turned into a rash and so she's been running around without her shirt on to keep her cool.  This morning it finally started to look better and it's just a faint rash now.  So I've realized that this is Aubrey's baby book basically so I want to keep blogging and documenting the things she does, because to look back throughout her first year it's so neat to see.  Some people journal, I blog.  I was making a monthly banner for her birthday party and I couldn't remember at all what we were doing in January and I decided to get on my blog and then realized we had done a lot but just had forgotten about it.


So here's a few pictures and a couple of videos from the past 2 weeks. Since we've been back we've done A LOT of bbqing and baby pool lounging with the neighbors.  At one point it was all 3 mommies (Alarie, Colleen, and myself) in the baby pool enjoying some drinks while the guys were inside in the air conditioning watching babies and studying (don't know how well the studying was going) and anyway our landlord pulled up to check on something. So here are 3 grown mommies all crammed in the baby pool, but did we get out, noooo we didn't care.  We kept enjoying our cheap pool for the day.









Aubrey is looving the water right now so I took her to a swimming pool nearby that has a splash park.  She loved the water fountains spraying up.  I got some water shoes for her that worked out perfect so she didn't stub her toe or have to deal with the hot concrete.  She was following around some older boys 3rd or 4th grade and it was so cute.  They would make sure not to run into her and if she fell down they would help her up. Look at her already going for older men, uh oh.



Last week we also celebrated Kyle's birthday!  Aubrey loved helping unwrap presents, since we had her birthday party back in Bethalto she thinks tearing paper is a lot of fun.  I imagine she'll have fun tearing into some of her own presents next week.
Does Aubrey not look like a mini Kyle here or what.


Hapy Birthday babe, you're the best!

















We went to a lake last Saturday for a picnic and a swim, but that's when the whole sicky baby thing started.  We noticed she was warm and awfully snuggly for being around water and when we got back sure enough she had a fever.  We still had fun though.




Well that's enough catch up for right now.  Now that we're  finally back to a routine so I'm going to make time for blogging because one day it will be like her scrapbook.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha, I was at the pool yesterday and Nicki Clark's baby had the same suit on...so cute! Love your videos!!

Jessica G. said...

Thank you for the great idea, of using this as a reference to her growth's and new tricks and etc. I am excited and hoping that that will now be my motivation to blogging about her life more. I actually thanked you for this in my blog post today. I love reading your blogs.

Sheila Marti said...

Welcome back to "Blogland". You've been definitely missed- and not just by me but also my lovely cousin- who openly admits to following your blog.
I can't believe that miss Aubrey is almost a year old! Please share with her some snuggles and kisses from Kai and I.