Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Mom's Visit

I had a blast visiting with my mom this weekend. I'm so glad she was able to come down and stay for a while. It was great just to do "normal" stuff with her. We got to watch Grey's Anatomy the night she came in. We went stroller shopping in Knoxville. She helped me make a blanket for Aubrey. I even got her to play the Wii while she was here (thank you Alarie for letting us borrow it). One of the really exciting things was she was able to go to my doctor's appointment yesterday with me. I was glad to have her there to ask all of her nursing questions that she had. She really liked our doctor and we even went to the hospital next door for a tour. After seeing the hospital and talking with the nurse, I'm getting more excited that we will have our little girl here in 4 months! The doctor said everything looked great. I had been sick last time and had lost weight but I definitely made up for it this time by putting on 10 POUNDS! He was happy with the weight gain though and I've only gained a total of 12 pounds the whole pregnancy so far, so that's good. Her heartbeat was 145, so maybe she's going to be a calm baby and not take after me or Kyle. I get to go back in 4 more weeks and drink a thing of sugar stuff for a glucose test, fun fun. I'm hoping I don't gain another 10 lbs by next appointment, don't think that's possible and don't think that's going to happen. We'll see. Well here are a few pictures from the weekend.

My mom and I after church.

Notice the hideous smile/smurk on my face. It's because every time I try to take a picture with Kyle it turns into a 10 minute "goof off fest". He is ridiculous, I can't remember all the things he was doing while trying to take this one picture, but it's definitely like taking a picture with a 5 year old. I hope Aubrey doesn't get that trait from him and she's a little model from the get go.

22 weeks. I finally got leggings that fit so now I can wear my Christmas present boots, yay!!!

23 weeks

The cute blanket my mom helped make.

My mom kicking my butt Wii tennis style. She was actually really good.

They were both worn out after the weekend. Bailey loves my mom and they definitely tired each other out playing all weekend. Thanks again mom for coming down, I had a blast. Love you more than taco bell tacos!

1 comment:

Mom said...

I felt honored to be able to meet your doctor and tour the hospital and elated that you didn't get upset about all the questions I asked. Thanks for an awesome weekend. Miss you, Aubrey, Kyle and Bailey soooo much. And the cows in the pasture mooing!