Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Well Hello Lent


So I've been trying to decide what to give up for Lent this year, but it's a little more difficult than usual. I thought about giving up coffee, but nope already did that due to little miss thing in my belly. I have not drank coffee since July and I think I will be enjoying my first cup at the hospital after delivery. Oh, how I miss my coffee.

Then I thought about giving up biting my nails (I know it's a terrible habit). I've had this habit since I was little and I can remember my mom putting this nasty nail polish on them so I wouldn't bite them and I still somehow managed to stomach the hot and pepper taste to go for it anyway. Thanks Aunt Sissy and Grandma for this bad habit by the way. However, this is another no can do because since I've been taking prenatals my nails grow much faster and they are prettier so I've actually stopped biting my nails.

So I thought what is something I really like and then realization kicked in and I figured I would be an insane pregnant lady if I gave up one of my cravings....tacos or hooters wings.

Lastly, I have come to chocolate. I like chocolate and luckily haven't really craved anything chocolately like crazy. So I think chocolate and I may take a break for 40 days......after my goof up with eating an oreo for breakfast (ooops). Yes, I had a a healthy breakfast of oatmeal and a banana, but I just slipped one oreo. Well goodbye oreos, m & m's, and everything else chocolate for a while. See you in 40 days.

P.S.- Coffee, I can't wait for the day when we reunite in about 127 days.

4 comments:

Angela said...

I'm thinking red meat? Good luck with your chocolate!

www.katiestasiak.com said...

You crave hooters wings?! Sooo funny. What's even more hilarious is they have a hooters around you!

Katie said...

You crave hooters wings?! Sooo funny. What's even more hilarious is they have a hooters around you!

Mom said...

I am impressed with your willpower. Especially when there is an open bag of oreos on top of your microwave, which by the way I did not touch! Tell Kyle to please eat those fast when you can't see him. Or did the devil put them there?