Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Pregnant Buddies


I have been lucky enough to be going through this whole pregnancy with some really close friends we've made down here. Alarie is due 5 days apart from me and she is having a boy. Alarie's husband Michael is one of Kyle's studdy buddies and good friends down here. They are from Missouri (woo hoo) and Michael actually went to school at Westminster with Jeff (Kyle's sisters husband). They will be moving to Crossville too in June, so our babies will get to spend the first couple of years of their lives growing up together. This is Alarie's first and she is actually going to the same doctor I am. We are having an appointment together so we can drive together to the boring appointments and that way the boys don't have to go every time to Knoxville. Alarie works on the LMU college campus too and we have our e-mail up all day to vent back and forth. It's been so nice to have someone to talk to each other about pregnant stuff, medical school spouse stuff, and just LMU/Harrogate stuff. I am so lucky to have her to go through and experience this all with. Love ya Alarie!


This is a picture of another medical student wife Rebecca who is pregnant with a boy. This will be her second baby and I love talking to her about things that she's already experienced and any questions I have I know I can always ask Rebecca and it doesn't hurt that she used to work as labor and delivery nurse.

The last pregnant buddy I have down here (you would think it's in the water with all the girls that are knocked up, or sorry mom...."with child").
Side Note- the weekend we told my mom I kept telling her yeah, I'm knocked up and she'd yell at me and say "Stop it Amanda, that doesn't sound nice". I just like to get a rise out of her but I definitely think "with child" seems like it's back in the Little House on the Prairie days and that I'm going to have this baby in a barn or something.


Ok, so last preggers buddy is Becky. Becky is one of the first people we met down here and she was actually pregnant with her first when we first met her. Becky, her husband Ryan, and her adorable 1 year old Molly go to our church. Becky sings in the Grace Notes(young women's choir group) with me and it's because of Becky and so many other people at church that our faith has been as strong as it has been throughout this whole moving away from our entire family experience. Becky is definitely one to tell me what works as a mom and what doesn't. Not to leave out that Molly absolutely adores Kyle and she may be the one to thank for us wanting to have a baby in the first place. Becky is a week or 2 behind me and she told us about the doctor we're going to and so she'll be coming on some of those dr. trips with Alarie and I. I'm so lucky to have such a good friend that already knows all the ropes and is not afraid to share them (even the gross details). Love ya Becky.

Last but certainly not least, Colleen is not pregnant but she definitely falls in the category of Pregnant Buddy. She is the first person we told we were having a baby and it was her response I will never forget...lots of screaming, jumping, and hugging. Her husband is well not really her husband, he's Kyle's husband. They spend more time together at school and studying with each other than we do with them. We are so lucky to have such close friends. Colleen has gone with me to look at baby stuff and she will probably be my other "husband" when Kyle isn't there. She may be the one that's there when my water breaks and she may be the one driving me to the hospital so she definitely counts as a pregnant buddy without a doubt. I Can't imagine going through this whole medical school experience without the support of Colleen.
These are my pregnant buddies and I'm so lucky to have such great friends to go through this with. Thanks girls for everything!

2 comments:

Kitten said...

You guys are so darn cute! I love the blog pictures; keep em' coming! :) Miss you girlies.

Mom said...

I can just see those little baby boys trying to get to Aubrey! She already has the advantage. So glad Colleen is taking you to the hospital instead of picking up the 24E flasher and letting him drive. Thank Colleen, Allerie, & Becky for being there with you.