Monday, February 1, 2010

She's going to be a kicker...

Ok, so I'm not going to let her play football, at least with a team of boys but Kyle finally got to feel his little girl move for the first time last night. He had been listening to the heartbeat with his stethoscope and then I told him to try and feel her because she was moving. Every time I've had him try he says I'm making it up that she's moving.
Well after a few seconds of trying to feel her, he looked up with a huge smile on his face and said, "Was that her?" and I said yes, she had kicked him, haha. The look on his face was amazing, it's so neat that he can now feel what I've been feeling. A little while later, he was feeling her kick again and then all of a sudden I felt something I hadn't felt before and we both looked at each other with big eyes and was like Wow!! She had somehow turned or did a back flip but I could feel her completely move around and he felt it too, it was crazy. As we were flipping out he kept his hand on there and said he could feel her foot pushing out for about a minute, it was the craziest, neatest, most awesome thing ever!! So that was our exciting night last night and I'm so glad that he's now able to share in this awesome feeling I have been for the last couple of weeks. I do hate to say she always moves the most at like 10:00 or 11:00 at night so I'm thinking she's going to be a night owl.

Here's a picture of me at 19 weeks. As most of you know Kyle isn't very good at trying to take serious pictures so it took several times to get him to take a good picture of me. I had to show him what I wanted him to take so I made him stand against the well, hence his "baby bump" picture. I thought you guys might like it.



5 comments:

Sheila Marti said...

What an awesome feeling and how wonderful that Kyle could feel her moving, too! It's one of the things I miss most from pregnancy. I'm thrilled that you are embracing these new sensations- it will go by so fast!

Megan Hubbard said...

How neat!!

Heather said...

oh my gosh! Your husband's baby bump picture is too funny! How very exciting you felt her move! Enjoy!

Jennifer said...

What a great feeling!!!

Mom said...

I have not laughed that hard in a LONG time! Amanda you are now definitely pregnant. But are you sure you are not putting your abs out like you use to? Kyle you make a very good pregnant male model. All the guys are going to be so jealous of you! Alery should let Michael do the same! You guys could compare.