Sunday, August 29, 2010

2 Month Check Up

Well we had Aubrey's 2 month check up this week and with that came shots, lots and lots of shot. Ok only 3 but you would have thought she had 15 with the blood curdling screams that came with the shots. Aubrey isn't much of a cryer. She cries when she's got gas and wimpers when she's hungry but that's about it. Well she decided to let everyone know in the doctor's office that she DID NOT like getting those shots. She SCREEEEEAMED and wouldn't stop when I picked her up. Nothing was working. Bouncing, cooing, shhhing, pacifier, nada. I finally got our stuff together (I was also there by myself) so screaming baby and getting diaper bag and car seat was a task. We went to a family waiting room where she was still screaming her lungs out, she calmed down when I nursed her and she wound up nursing for about a half hour. She fell asleep and we were on our way out. Woooh I was tired, I'm so thankful for such a happy baby that we don't have to listen to the screaming that often.
Sleeping before the apptointment, poor little girl doesn't know what she's got coming.
The updates, she's a fatty she weighs 13.9 lbs and she's still 24 inches long and her big 'ol head grew 3 cm (no wonder her hair bows are getting tight). I really like the doctor we have now and when she came in she said oh she looks like her daddy. Kyle hasn't met her yet so I didn't know what she was talking about but then she said she saw his picture in the newspaper. So yep definitely daddy's girl, some days I question if she's even mine, but then I see how she sleeps and I know she's got a piece of me in her too.

Kyle had thought he could even do the shots, but I doubt it. I didn't cry when she was getting shots, it didn't bother me that much. She was so happy before the nurse pricked her, she was smiling, cooing and then once the needle went in she just had this look like HOLY CRAP THAT HURTS and then the wailing started. What killed me was taking the band aids off. Holy schmoly those suckers were on there good. I felt so bad tearing them off because she just kept screaming and screaming and I still had another leg to do. So I definitely know her "hurt" cry now unfortunately. She did pretty good with the shots too, she was a little sleepy but that's about it. So everybody is back to being happy and that's a good thing for everybody.
Sleepy baby from the shots.
I feel like she's thinking check out my hairband mom, aren't I cute? Too bad the hairbow left a bruise on her head, oooops. This is also pre-band aid rip off.

1 comment:

Sheila Marti said...

Poor Baby, shots are no fun. Little tricks that I tried with Kai:
1. Nurse her before she gets the shots administered. There's something calming within the milk and definitely afterwards (just like you did!).
2. Take the bandaids off during her bath- once they've been submersed in the water for several minutes. They'll be much easier to remove then.
Give her a little kiss for me...those mean nurses! (hee,hee)