Sunday, September 19, 2010

Harrogate Visit

We went to Harrogate last week to visit with school friends and church friends. We stayed at our friend Becky's house and she has a little girl that's a week and a half older than Aubrey. Alarie and Aidan went along with us. We had a great time and I never thought in a million years that I would miss that place as much as I do. The friendships we have there are great and we miss the people from Harrogate so much. We also miss our church family A LOT. We are still trying to find our church home here but we definitely miss having such a tight bond with all of the people from First Christian.
Our favorite principal!! I miss you Dr. Lynch friend! Aubrey was a little celebrity to say the least. All of the teachers and kids at J Frank loved seeing her and I loved seeing them. I miss them so much and it was great to go back and visit and I look forward to the next time we can go back. Aubrey was so good and flashed her big smile to all the kids and J Frank and LMU people. We went all over campus and I was exhausted by the end of the day. We were treated to lunch by my friend Kim, the assistant principal at J Frank and Christine who I used to go to her yoga class. We went up to the library and saw all of our favorite librarians and even went to DCOM to say hello to the doctors and office ladies.

We went to First Christian for youth and choir and then even went over to Alarie's choir.

Celia, our amazing maternity photographer. She is such a talented young lady.

Our friend Duke and Amy's little boy Trey was fascinated by Aubrey. He especially liked her bow. It was so cute to see them touching and grabbing each other. Trey even took Aubrey's sock off, WATCH OUT. I told Duke and Amy if they find Kyle on their front porch with a shot gun don't be surprised, he doesn't want any boys after his little girl, haha.Virginia was waiting at the door for us and snatched the car seat from my hand. They practically had to pry her out of her arms. We miss you Virginia!!Larissa was giving Aubrey kisses.Mildred's birthday was on Aubrey's due date and was hoping to have the same birthday as Aubrey but she just didn't wait.We had a fabulous dinner and hung out at the pool at Alarie's Charlie and Mary' (their great friends from church). Mary got to love on all the babies.
Aidan's first dip in the pool.A little big but it still did the job.Then we ended our great trip with a baby slumber party at Becky's. I was sad to leave but glad to get back to Kyle. He was working midnights so it worked out perfectly and we even got his computer fixed while we were there. I can't wait until we can go back for another visit.

Oh and if you can't read Aidan's shirt, it says Chicks dig me....only 12 weeks old and already a chick magnet.

No comments: