Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Sewing Mama

I'm finally back to sewing. I went on a little vacation since I've had Aubrey but I got my machine out the other day and I finally finished some projects I said I was going to do. We both got something new to wear. Here's Aubrey with a pumpkin onesie I made with felt.


Mine was my first ever "refashion"- taking something old and making it much, much cuter. I had this cardigan sweater that I've had forever and don't wear anymore. I cut off the sleeves and shortened it to make it short sleeves. I used this tutorial. It was pretty much the same way I made these baby legs a while ago and it was super easy.
The sleeves were funky anyway and now this made it much cuter and I'll actually wear it now. Well then I had all of this fabric from the two sleeves so hmmmm what to do. I made these rosettes and even cut up a cheap pearl bracelet and added pearls. I actually like it now :) Who would have thought I could make something you never ever wear into something I want to wear all the time now. It works great with my nursing camis underneath too. I have a couple more crafty projects up my sleeve (that is my sleeve that I cut off, haha, what would a post be without an awful "Amanda joke"). Anyway, couple more projects that I'll post pictures once I finish them.

1 comment:

Sheila Marti said...

Yay!!! What an awesome job on your "new" cardy! Congratulations on getting back to sewing- wish that I would find the motivation!