Thursday, September 30, 2010

Watchin the babes

I watched Aidan the other morning and Aubrey had a blast just hanging out with her boyfriend. We move the coffee table in the living room during the day and throw down this huge, soft blanket my mom made for Aubrey and play on during the day. We usually put the place back together before Kyle gets home so he doesn't have to walk into a world of baby toys and blankets everywhere. Aubrey and Aidan are actually noticing each other now and will just stare at each other or grab hands or shirts or whatever they can reach while playing. I was pretty impressed with myself. I got both of the babies asleep AT THE SAME TIME!! Aubrey fell asleep on the boppy and then I rocked Aidan to sleep and put him down. I even got some time to get on the computer. I sent Kyle and my mom a picture message with them both asleep and said, "Just call me God, they are BOTH asleep." Pretty proud of myself, just saying. Aidan was too cute, he has much stronger legs than Aubrey and likes to stand. He was smiling away when I would pull him towards me and then he'd push off my hands and slide himself back on the blanket. He went shooting back because the blanket has silk on the other side. We love our neighbor baby and are so thankful there's another baby and mommy to play with during the day.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

they are both getting so big! Good for you for getting both of them to sleep :)

Sheila Marti said...

You go, momma!