Saturday, September 4, 2010

Just Call Me Betty

Betty Crocker that is. I decided since I was going to turn on my oven during this hotness I would get use out of baking several things. Left over bananas turned into banana bread, Dr. Pepper turned into a Dr.Peppper cake (I know it sounds weird, but it's actually pretty good), and Bisquick turned into the quickest easiest chicken pot pie. So cooking with a 2 month old is interesting. Alarie and I have talked about how babies are soooooo unpredictable. As soon as Aubrey shuts her eyes I don't know if it's going to be a 30 min. snooze or a 2 hour snooze. I lucked out and she took a nap the exact amount of time to finish baking. She was a nice calm assistant in the kitchen napping in her bouncer. Here's my proud display of baking and seriously not kidding you, super proud for accomplishing this. I had the bread going in the oven and prepped the cake just in time to put in with the bread. Seriously when I have something planned and I actually get it done, it's very impressive. Oh, the joys of motherhood what you are excited about completely changes.

My wonderful baker's assistant, waking up happy just in time.

No comments: