Thursday, March 3, 2011

Presenting Jack's Nursery

Jack's nursery is ready for him to come, I just finished helping Colleen decorate Jack's room.  We can't wait to meet him.

It all started with this bumper from ebay, she got a steal.....and then the ideas started.

 Then our awesome friend Sheila made letters for Jack and they matched perfectly.  We decided to add something around the letters and Colleen was thinking vinyl circles.  Well couldn't find vinyl to match so better yet we found paint that matched the bedding and I was just looking for something to paint.  I found it!  Foam baseballs, they worked out perfect, should have taken a picture before.
 Colleen had a lamp that we were going to cover a lamp with fabric but after making hippos with felt Colleen thought it would look perfect on the lamp and it does!  I looove the lamp.
 Remember the paint, well I kind of went crazy and kept thinking of things I could paint.  I painted some frames and put some pictures in of her pregnant and of Jack's sonogram.
 This might be one of my favorite things I made for Colleen.  It is a mobile made out of felt and mirrors.  It's pretty darn cute.  It's hanging over the dresser Chuck refinished for his changing table.
 Another Sheila creation!!  An adorable pennant, too cute.
 Colleen had this framed shelf and I was trying to figure out something I could help her put in it.  Some cereal cardboard and paint later.  I painted leaves on it to match her bumper.
 The last of the painting was the light switch cover.  I told Colleen I was thinking about painting a light switch cover and she said I could have painted mine and just switched her the next morning because I was painting at about 11 pm last Friday (we were also watching Dexter, so everybody was happy).
 She got an adorable painted canvas from her school shower and a embroidered bag from her Ohio shower.
 The crib skirt we made out of fabric.  SUPER EASY!!  Definitely doing this next time, all we did was sew under the skirt and then used velcro to velcro to the crib.  It looks awesome.  You like Gus's ear in this picture.
 And here's the momma to be.  I've been wanting to share this adorable room on this blog because seriously if I could be a thrifty baby room decorator (because everything was made with not perfect quality) I sooo would be.  The last creation in this picture is a blanket that me and my mom made for Colleen, ok mostly my mom.  We're excited for you baby Jack, we can't wait to meet you neighbor.

2 comments:

Sheila Marti said...

Looks awesome! Thanks for sharing the pictures, I really appreciate it!

Jennifer said...

you guys all did an AMAZING job!!! So cute!