Sunday, May 2, 2010

Double Baby Shower

My great friend Colleen had a shower for Alarie and I yesterday. I had an awesome time!!! I realized what a great support system Kyle and I have been able to build down here and it's amazing how close you can get to people in just 2 years. There were med students, med student spouses, med student fiances, and other LMU friends. Aubrey is definitely one little spoiled girl and got a ton of great things. Here are some pictures from the day/night. Why I say day/night is because this is the first baby shower I've been to that had wine and margaritas (no, of course I didn't have one....but I did smell the amazing margaritas). Us girls stayed up talking until about 11:00 at night, it was sooo good to catch up with the 3rd year girls that moved out of town last year.

These girls are all going to be moving to Crossville too! We are so lucky to be living near a lot of our friends still!

The diaper cakes that Colleen and I made.


The delicious food and cute centerpiece with peacock feathers.

Hence, the day/night shower. Definitely like no baby shower I've been to before :)

The wonderful hostess. Thank you Colleen for an amazing shower and for being such an great friend!!

Courtney was so cute and wanted to get a picture touching my belly, at least somebody wants to touch it. I made Kyle take a picture after this and I had to literally put his hand on my belly. Now at home he'll rub my belly any time but something about taking a picture, that's just too "macho" (I don't know).

Kyle came to "taste test" or eat food because he said we didn't have anything at our house.


Now for presents...
Aubrey and Aidan's adorable matching date outfits. They are going to be soooo stinkin cute!

Cat made taggie blankets for the babies. They are really soft. Thanks Cat!

Alarie and I tried out the hooded towels from Becky. Aubrey and Aidan will definitely be taking baths together.

Matching outfits from Alarie's grandma. Weird sidenote, Alarie's mom's name is Cheryl and so is my mom's...crazy. They both sent presents for us, my mom made a hooded towel for Aidan.

Matching bouncers from Colleen. Chuck and Kyle I knew would get a kick out of these. When I showed them Chuck said oh a baby catapolte, I knew they would think of some crazy thing to do with these.

The cute tutu that Alarie made for Aubrey and a headband from Savannah. Pictures of Aubrey in both of these are a definite must.

Kai was trying out the taggie blanket and it got her approval.

Dun, dun, dun, dahhhhh I feel like I need a drumroll or something. These are nursery letters that were made by our wonderful, crafty friend Sheila. She did an amazing job and I don't know if you can notice but it matches the bedding we got last week PERFECTLY!!! They are sooo cute and I can't wait to hang them in her room. She made golfing ones for Aidan and the detail she put in is just unbelievable, not to mention she did this with a 1 year old running around. Thanks Sheila, they are beautiful!

Don't worry I was just smelling the Tequila for the margaritas. Sniffing doesn't hurt anyone.

A lot of pregnancy here. Colleen is surrounded by baby bellies!

I am so thankful to have such great friends down here, thank you everyone for everything!!! For the wonderful gifts, the friendships, and for getting me through the past 2 years of medical school with my sanity :) I can't wait for Aubrey to meet all of mommy's friends and we will have plenty of girls nights to come!

No comments: