Saturday, May 1, 2010

Exciting Weekend

Well here are some pictures from last weekend finally. Kyle got home and the internet somehow magically fixed itself....what the crap! When my parents got in last weekend, my dad said he wanted fish and beer. Well fish is easy to find around here but a place that sells beer that's a little more difficult since we live in a dry city. Kyle found all you can eat fish at this place called Clinch Mountain (beautiful views, ummmm the people are well let's just say "unique"). We were even lucky enough to go on live bluegrass music night!


This picture my dad is looking away probably at the restaurant we're about to try because it was rather interesting.

My dad was all ready for the golfing tournament, he came dressed as the groundskeeper, Bill Murray, from Caddyshack. Kyle was practicing the night before pitching in our front yard and my dad was yelling Caddyshack movie quotes....IT'S IN THE HOOOOOLE!!! Kyle's team decided to grow mustaches for the tournament and here's his fancy mustache. I think their team name was the Mustachios (mustaches and pistachios, I don't know).


My mom and I went for a fun day of shopping Knoxville on Saturday while the guys golfed. When we got back my dad had barbequed for us and it was sooo good. My new quirky craving has been cheeseburgers and krispy kreme, well then I thought what if I put them together. I've been thinking about trying it for a while, but it kept grossing Kyle out. We had cheeseburgers and I just happened to have donuts in the house so I decided to try it. Kyle said just try it so you know it's disgusting, well it wasn't disgusting it was the most amazing thing I've ever eaten, haha. For my birthday this week Kyle even brought home donuts and cheeseburgers for my birthday dinner, he's the best!

My mom treated me to a birthday pedicure too, plus rubbed my feet!!! I soaked up all the "Amanda attention" because I know as soon as Aubrey gets here all the attention will be diverted to her, which is what's supposed to happen.

We ended the weekend with some baby laundry and my dad and Kyle fixed his truck door. I watched them to make sure they were doing everything right.


The best part of the weekend was just spending time with my mom and dad. I miss them like crazy, but love that they come down to visit. We always come up with something fun to do. Thanks mom and dad for a great visit!!

1 comment:

mom said...

I can hear it now. "You never gave me a pedicure!" Now I will know which sisters read your blog! It seems harder to leave each time I come down. Am very excited about you moving "closer". All new shopping area to figure out! Glad Kyle shaved off the mustachio. Wonder if they put those on guys so you don't look at their face like the big bow theory of Kyles.