Sunday, April 18, 2010

Another Look at our Little Girl


Earlier this week, we had an interesting day. I had been on my feet all morning helping with a cookout for our school and of course I don't slow down ever which isn't a huge problem, but I need to start taking it a little easier. Well when I went in from the cookout I had a few small clots of blood when I went to the bathroom (Sorry if it's too much info.) Well I called my doctor just to be sure and they wanted me to come in to make sure everything was fine, although I wasn't having any cramps. My back was hurting but again on my feet all morning I think had something to do with that. Unfortunately Kyle had a sim lab, which is where he has a pretend scenario with their patient robots. This was a big deal and he wasn't going to be able to get out of it that easy and plus I felt everything was going to be fine so I was able to get my friend Alarie who is also pregnant to make the drive down to Knoxville with me. Thanks so much Alarie!!!

When we got there they got us straight in for an ultrasound and yes I said "us", Alarie and her little baby boy who's due a few days apart from Aubrey. I was nervous to make sure everything was ok but I was pretty confident it wasn't going to be anything. Kyle was really upset he couldn't be there with me, but said he was ready to come as soon as he got done if we were still there. The lady looked at everything. The placenta looked good, the fluid is good, and she looked healthy and great. She even checked to see if she had webbed toes (webbed toes runs in my family, my dad and nephew have a few toes webbed).


I was so happy to see her again and know that she's doing fine. She was also soooo much bigger than last time we'd seen her at 18 weeks. She weighs 3 pounds 6 ounces, which is awesome. I got to see her little feet and they are just where I thought they were. She has been shoving her feet up by my ribs, which feels great...not! She was head down for right now and Kyle said good, she knows which way is the exit. So everything with the ultrasound was fine.

The nurse practitioner checked everything else and noticed some spots on my cervix that could have bled and she said there wasn't anything to worry about. They are checking for any bacteria infection, and she said stay off my feet a little more. NOOOO!!!! That's hard for me to stop. When I got home Kyle was so relieved to see that everything was fine and he got to see the ultrasound on a DVD. He made me go to bed early which I hate being "lazy", but I know right now I might just have to do that sometimes for the sake of Aubrey. Sorry if this was too much information, but don't worry the birth story will be even better (haha, just kidding).

1 comment:

Mom said...

LOVED the picture of her feet! I almost bought some little sandals for her today and decided I was going overboard. Now I wish I had. Wonder if those feet will do gymnastics, softball, or volleyball? You will get to wash the sand out of those little toes. That foot will fit in the palm of your hand. I can still look at my hand and see your foot.