Monday, April 5, 2010

Go Cards!


Today was the opening day of baseball and I broke out my red to root on the St. Louis Cardinals. I even put a picture of Busch Stadium on my computer/smartboard and explained to my classes why today was such a great day. Aubrey is bound to be a Cardinals fan too because she already has several Cards outfits. I can't wait to take her to her first game. I think Kyle said they are playing in Atlanta sometime in August or so, maybe we'll make it to that one. Here is a picture of her Cardinals bib and a pink Louisville Slugger hat that one of my students got for me today. This student is big into baseball and we discuss baseball all the time. His dad has done lectures for Kyle's school before and he asked us to be in a fantasy baseball league with him, his wife, his son and some of his son's teammates. I have never done a draft so I had Kyle set up my team for me and I thought he was kidding when he said my team's name was Winnie the Pujols, I told him to make it Mrs. Pujols, but I guess the other one was funnnier. When I logged into look at my team I was Winnie the Pujols and I was stuck with that name because it was after the draft, thanks a lot Kyle. It should be fun though to have a little competition with Kyle and with this 6th grader. Here's the other Cardinals fan that we have in our house. Poor Bailey.

Here's a picture of during college when I got to meet Albert Pujols and my favorite Yadier Molina!! YADI!

Kyle had told me Molina was injured and not going to play so last night I benched him on my fantasy team and picked up another catcher, too bad he did play and he got some points. Looks like I need to start watching my own team, I think Kyle might just be trying to win. Well wish we were closer so we could go to a bunch of games, but for now we'll just have to live with watching updates on ESPN and mlb.com. Oh and I had the game up on the internet today and watched the updates while teaching history, is that bad? I mean the Cardinals are pretty much history, right? They beat the Reds by the way 11-6 and Pujols had 2 homeruns. Not a bad start to the season!

1 comment:

Mom said...

What a fun history teacher you are. I wish I had one like you when I was little. Those kids are so lucky to have you. Go Cards!