Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!


We had a wonderful Easter spent with going to church, having our good friends Chuck & Colleen and Michael, Alarie, & Aidan over. We definitely missed our family a ton, but we're blessed to have friends to spend important holidays together when we can't make it home. Kyle has a big test tomorrow so the guys were studying when they weren't eating. Here's a picture with all of the guys with their books on their laps and it looks like Kyle is telling them something very important, but pretty sure it was just about baseball.

Me and the girls (Colleen and Alarie)

Easter Eggs grouped by family names, thank you Colleen for even organizing the eggs.


Ok, so here's the play by play on what happened. Alarie and I broke the wishbone to see who would deliver first. Alarie's due date is June 29th and mine is June 24th, but I have a feeling we will have an Ornburn baby here before a Toti baby. I like to be fashionably late sometimes, so I have a feeling that's what her plan is.

So here is Alarie showing me proper "breaking wishbone" etiquette. She told me you had to hold it with your pinky finger, who knew.

Then it started to break in her favor and I wanted it bad, I don't want Aubrey to come too late.

Then I decided if I just take the whole wishbone then I definitely win, right?

Well she wound up with the bigger wishbone and she has the bigger baby right now anyway, so we just might be second in line at the hospital.


However, I did enjoy something I've been missing for a while. Apple pie, strawberry cupcake, or chocolate brownie......hmmmm let me think. DUHHH Chocolate!!!! Oh how I have missed chocolate during Lent. I made it with only 2 days of chocolate which were my baby shower days and I think Jesus understood that one. I'm glad I made the brownies, just in case no one brought chocolate!!!

It's exciting to know we will have a 10 month old little girl with us for Easter next year! Yay!!!

1 comment:

Mom said...

What? Nobody dyed any black Easter Eggs? Or purple and gold. Something just doesn't look right about that bowl. Alarie must come from some upscale neighborhood. Us heathen Illinoisians never heard of sticking their pinky out to break the wishbone.
Glad you have such good friends to celebrate Easter with. If I can't have you I am glad you have each other. Happy Easter to your Harrogate Family!