Saturday, April 10, 2010

Mommywood

I'm reading Tori Spelling's Mommywood, I know, I know it's not great literature but for some reason I like Tori Spelling. I read her first book and now I'm loving reading this because it fits perfectly with what I'm going through. It's a quick read and I will probably have it finished by the end of the day where then I will probably start reading a book about labor or some other book. I've already read two books about labor and delivery to prepare myself, but I don't think any amount of reading will really prepare me or Kyle for it. It will just be the experience. Ok, back to the amazing words of Tori Spelling (laugh, laugh, I know)

I remembered how much I'd loved being pregnant. It calmed me. I felt safe and completely at ease. I loved the fact that I was completely responsible for protetcing and taking care of someone else. We were taking care of each other. I was never alone. -Tori Spelling, Mommywood

I loved this because this is how I feel. As I was outside on our porch swing reading (heaven, by the way!!!) Aubrey had the hiccups and it's always so amazing to think I'm NEVER alone. I love her so much already and I'm excited to meet her but for right now I'm just enjoying this amazing experience.

2 comments:

Kitten said...

Dude, what are you talking about?! That's totally going to be on a literary canon someday....ha! Don't worry....even the best of us like frivolous literature every now and again, but don't worry, I won't spill your-really, our-secrets. :)

mom said...

Enjoy it now. There are times in life you don't know where your kids are. Picture yourself a big playpen! Actually that's why Kathy bought the trampoline. She can zip him up in it and lock it!