Friday, April 23, 2010

Mom & Dad Visit

I'm so excited, my mom and dad are coming to visit for the weekend. They are visiting my sister up in Indiana and they are leaving today and should be here by the time I'm done with school. I absolutely love when they come to visit, it's so much fun just to hang out. The downside of living far away is obviously being so far away from family. The upside (yes, I'm optimistic these days and there is an upside) is that when family does come to visit it's like a big sleepover. I've talked with my mom about this several times. If we lived in St. Louis then we would go visit family and then just head back to our house at the end of the night. Butttt since we live far away, any time we have visitors or we go visit family we get to have a big sleepover. My mom and I definitely do some things we wouldn't do if I lived closer to her. We've watched Greys Anatomy, while eating popcorn in my bed. We've made breakfast in bed. We've gone on weekend long sewing extravagenzas. So there are a lot of neat things about living far away and having visitors come. We've definitely been lucky enough to have enough room for family visits, next year will get a little interesting. Thankfully we'll have the Fisher hotel just a few feet away, haha. Colleen has said our family can come stay in their extra bedroom if we need to when the baby comes. Anyway, so I have turned my thinking around about living down here in East Tennessee, there definitely has been a lot of good come out of it. I stole some pictures from my sister's facebook, but here are pictures from when my family went to the Cardinals game last week. Kyle and I were soooo jealous that we didn't get to go.


Oh, and Kyle and his buddies are playing in a golf tournament tomorrow (we're praying for no rain). My dad has decided to be their caddy and to take care of the gophers for them. He said that he as an outfit all ready to go for tomorrow, so I can't imagine what he brought with him to wear. It should be interesting, I'll definitely take some pictures. This is what I imagine though when I heard the guys were getting a team together for the golf tournament. Do you see the similarity???

2 comments:

cfisher said...

Haha, the Fisher hotel, love it! With a complimentary breakfast of course:)

Mom said...

So excited to be in Tennessee and I hope they don't keep Dad here because of what he is wearing. Hope Colleen learns how to make little towel animals to put on our bed at the hotel.