Wednesday, June 16, 2010

39 Weeks and Hiking in Flip Flops


Well I'm the idiot who decided to wear flip flops to go check out this waterfall we have about 15 minutes away from our house. It was only about a 100 ft. walk so it wasn't bad, but Kyle kept on saying just walk this baby out of you already. It didn't work, she's still in there as cozy as can be. It wasn't the waterfall in Corbin or anything, but it was still very pretty. There's a much bigger waterfall a 1.5 mile hike away and I can't wait to go check that one out.

I'm so glad my mom stayed with us until Aubrey gets here. She's been a HUGE help and it's been fun doing last minute baby projects and sewing projects. I would have had a hard time if she had left and I would have gone into labor right afterwards. Thanks mom for staying with us!!

Kyle's mom, cousins, and brother also stayed so we have a house full right now, but I'm really glad we're getting the chance to spend time with them too. The girls have been a lot of help and it's been great for Kyle to spend time with his brother and mom. Both Grandmas are anxiously waiting for their little grandbaby.

I'm really glad we've gotten a chance to check out Cookeville before Aubrey is here. We've eaten at a couple of really good restaurants, they have more than Ryans and J Milton (CRAZY I KNOW, CHOICES!!!) It has been weird to be in a bigger town with all of these restaurants and stores. We had lunch at my favorite restaurant here so far, called Crawdaddy's they have the best fried shrimp. Colleen and I went there during one of our visits here. We've also had ice cream at the cutest little ice cream shop not once but twice, we had to make sure it just wasn't a fluke the first time, but it was delicious. Now we're just kind of hanging out waiting for baby to come. We have a doctor's appointment tomorrow in the morning and we'll probably hang around Knoxville for a little bit just in case the Dr. checking me puts me into labor or he may possibly do something to "get things started". Uncle Cole has started a betting pool with what day Aubrey will get here, how much she'll weigh, length, time, and who she'll look like, oh and if our baby is bald or not. It's been pretty fun and we've even called the Grandpas to get their input. The winning date so far is Friday, but we'll see. Right now we're just enjoying spending time with each other and with our families. For now here's a picture of my two babies until I can get a picture of the third.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait! I wish you were closer so I could take newborn pictures of her!!!