Monday, June 14, 2010

Little Helpers

Jasmine and Cecilia have been a huge help during the move, no really they have. Jasmine was carrying in boxes off the truck and even was nice enough to slip off her flip flops before walking on our brand new carpet (can you tell I'm excited about the carpet). She also was decorating with my Aunt Sissy and helping her clean out drawers. My Aunt was calling her Speedy Gonzales. Cecilia had a different job while moving and that was the dog watcher. She kept Bailey outside for hours while we unloaded the truck and set things up in the house and she helped out immensely by doing that. Bailey likes her new house by the way and allllll of our visitors.

So last night my mom said she'd pick up a doiley (however you spell that) for our stove because we have a glass top stove. Instead of being old ladyish I realized I had some zebra print fabric and instead she made a little zebra "doiley". She had the girls help her. Cecilia did a fantastic job sewing and was really concentrating. Jasmine on the other hand was hilarious and slammed on the peddle and starting sewing fast. Jasmine said see I'm Speedy Gonzales.

My mom had a lot of patience teaching them how to sew. She had such a good time with little girls again, I can't wait for Aubrey to learn how to sew from Grandma. Here's what they came up with, and they really did sew it with just some help from my mom.



The guys had some down time so Kyle was trying to teach Cole how to play poker on my brand new coffee table!!! :)

This could possibly be my last belly picture. 38 weeks 4 days and no baby yet, we're still just waiting. I'm ready and I think she's ready to come out now too. Now that the house is completely unpacked she can come any time now. Kyle even somehow got my gazillion Christmas decoration boxes stored away so no storage facility for us, woo hoo. I'm trying the bumpy roads to get her out and last night we went to a great BBQ place but instead I got a spicy chicken sandwich. Kyle asked if it was hot and I said no, lying to him so he wouldn't be made later if I had ummmm how do we say this..."pregnancy gas?" but it was extremely hot and he tried some and was like how are you doing that! Anything to get Miss Aubrey here before Pa-pa leaves today. So no, I didn't have pregnancy gas and no the baby didn't come last night. It was exciting to go to sleep every night thinking, this could be it. We've got our bags all packed and we'll just see what day she picks for her birthday.

Oh and happy birthday do my pregnant bffaf that I couldn't have done this whole pregnancy without!! Love ya Alarie! Now that your birthday is over Mr. Aidan can make his appearance, come on babies. Gotta have a picture of Colleen with all of the baby belly, since she'll be loving on these babies since we'll be neighbors!!! (P.S.- Can you guys move already so I have somebody next door, I'm waiiiiiting.)

No comments: