Thursday, June 17, 2010

It's STARTED!!!

Well big news, I am technically "in labor", haha. I know blogging while in labor, weird. We went to the doctor this morning and after his check and some other things to get stuff started I decided rather than going home just yet we should stick around Knoxville. I made Kyle walk around Ross, Marshalls, Target, and then do a few laps around the mall. I was on a mission, I was walking this baby out. I started cramping while walking and decided I needed to sit and see if anything was happening. After riding in the car for about 20 minutes headed back towards home I'd had contractions 5 minutes apart. Kyle and I decided to turn around and hang out in Knoxville a little longer to see if they stopped or not. So we hung out in Borders, I felt so stupid jumping from store to store, but I wasn't ready to go home yet. Finally after the contractions keeping up we left and called our doctor back. He told us to come back in and get checked. I hadn't dilated anymore but he hooked up the fetal heart monitor and checked the contractions. I was having them about 7-8 minutes apart and Aubrey was handling them wonderfully (no heart decelerations).

So he asked us what we wanted to do? I said you're the doctor, I don't know. Well he said people can be like this for a week but he definitely didn't think I would be, so we asked if it would be smart to stay in Knoxville for the night and he said yes. So the plan is to go in the morning (if I make it until then) and see if I'm more dilated and then we'll probably be walking next door to the hospital. Sooooo we may have Aubrey here some time tomorrow!! We're so excited, nervous, anxious, and every other emotion. Now I'm going to try and get some sleep so I have energy for tomorrow. They also told us to eat a lot tonight so we went to Chick Fill A and filled our stomachs. We'll keep you posted. The next post may be a picture of our little girl!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So excited Amanda!!

Heather said...

Hope everything is going well! Can't wait to see pictures of your daughter :)!