Sunday, June 6, 2010

Weekend/Doctor Update


Well I had I fabulous weekend with my mom, very, very, very productive. She is the best packer ever! She got a ton of stuff packed and I feel much, much better about next week and moving. Colleen, Alarie, and I had pretty successful first Tennessee yard sale. We got rid of a lot of our "treasures" i.e. junk. We lucked out too because the book depot down the road wanted all of our leftovers so we didn't even have to take the stuff we didn't sell to Goodwill, we just ran it down the road. Here's a picture of us girls making the big bucks, haha.

And our bank teller got to re-use her skills and count all our money, we paid her in popsicles.

Kyle also celebrated his birthday this past week. He's also found a new study spot, for some reason he was studying on the floor....oh only 2 more days, I can't wait!!


I had my mom help with a bunch of projects for our new place. Since I can't decorate Aubrey's room, I worked on a few projects for her room so they'll be done when we get there. We covered this boring 'ol lamp with some hot pink fabric and I'm not done I'm still going to put some rosettes on it.


I had also gotten a steal on a $15 coffee table from craigslist and turned it into this with some scrapbook paper and mod podge. Notice the huge scratch in the first picture, yep definitely covered that up.


I put my mom to work spray painting since I couldn't do that part of the work. Thanks Mom!!


When I went to pick up my mom from the airport (after a fabulous prenatal massage, by the way....A-MA-ZING!) she was able to go to my doctor's appointment with me. It was nice to have her there because Kyle was in a study session and wouldn't have been able to go. Without going into too much detail, they did check me and I have started to dilate and effase (don't know the correct spelling on that one). We were also happy to hear that Miss Aubrey is head down...way to go!!! We went ahead and set our induction date for June 21st and our Nurse Practitioner described something funny by saying they'll "stir things up" on the 16th or 17th so we can try to go into labor without being induced. Our doctor's facial expressions didn't seem like we would make it until the 21st, but we'll see. She just has to wait until after the test on Tuesday and if she could wait until we move that would be wonderful too! Some new things I've had going on this week are one huge swollen foot/ankle, just the left one. It is awful, looks like I sprained my ankle. The other funny thing that happened at the doctor was my last post I boasted about not having any stretch marks.......wellllll I noticed something I hadn't seen before at the doctor and that is that I have some mini Freddy Kruger marks where the sun don't shine, haha. At least it's in a spot that's covered and that's why I hadn't noticed them before. It's not bad but I guess that's what I get for bragging about not having any. Well here's a 37 week picture update (YAY, full term!!). I have the tired look in my eyes I think, but I don't know if that's from being pregnant or trying to plan a yard sale and moving. We're headed to Kingsport tomorrow to stay in a hotel so that Kyle is there bright and early for his test. He'll be a different person after Tuesday, and I have a pretty good feeling he's going to get to celebrate Father's Day with his little girl...I think she's coming before then :) We'll keep you posted.

No comments: