Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sneak Peek

My great friend Heather, offered to come take some pictures of Aubrey as a shower present. I can't thank her enough for driving all the way to Cookeville and for capturing some great photos of our sweet baby girl. She was down on the floor getting some great shots and Aubrey was great awake and asleep. She let us put her in some pretty cute poses. We'll have the real pictures in a week or so but for now here's a sneak peek of a picture I took with my phone. If this is how good it turned out with just my phone pictures you can imagine what Heather got!

Aubrey continues to amaze us every day of how much you can love someone. We are the luckiest people to have such a healthy, happy, beautiful baby. I just look at her in awe that we made her, well God made her and she is truly a blessing.

Other sad/exciting news, Aubrey's umbilical cord fell off today. I am not going to be one of those parents that saves it in her baby book, but it's still on her dresser and I haven't had the heart to throw it away yet. I told Kyle it's the last thing that held us two together. It connected us in a way only a mother and a child can be connected. I will throw it away by the end of the week, I promise. On the upside, she's got an INNIE!!!! I'm weird about outies and Kyle was even trying to literally push it back in but then as I was changing her I yelled to Kyle, YES, we've got an innie!!! YAY!

Aubrey also went to her first church service today. We've tried out two churches since we've moved here and neither of them are First Christian Church. I told Kyle no one had hugged me, there's no Stephen (our pastor), and it's just not the same. I know God has a plan and a church home for us, we just have to find it. Well Kyle starts rotations tomorrow, so it's Aubrey and my first day at home together. What exciting things can we get into, I think a visit to the neighbors will be on the agenda. I'm so lucky to have such good friends so close by.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Finally got caught up with your blog which I LOVE! Please start printing it before you loose it somehow. Aubrey will love to read it when she is older. Soooo. Who won the survey? I forgot. Have fun hanging out with Aubrey, and by the way Happy Anniversary! Funny how priorities change. So happy your birthing story is here to share with everyone. Love you.